Ten days prior to your class start date, you must complete all paperwork and be registered with the West Virginia State Board of Barbers & Cosmetologists.
Below is the list of items you must bring in to register for school as well as the State Board Office:
• Completed Student Registration Form (available at wvbbc.com or you may call the school for an information packet to be mailed) - a written recommendation from someone other than a family member you have known at least three (3) years needs to accompany the registration form.
• Proof of a Tuberculosis Skin Test & Tetanus Shot—If you have not had a TB test within the last six (6) months or Tetanus shot within the past ten (10) years, you may receive them at the Cabell Huntington Health Department, located at 703 7th Avenue in Huntington. These shots are given on Mondays and Fridays, 8:00 a.m.–11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m. You may contact them with any questions at (304) 523-6483. Please get shots ASAP. Due to some holidays, the clinic may not give shots and you could miss the cutoff date for classes.
• A Recent Photo, Head & Shoulders, of You Alone—This photo can be taken from a digital camera, printed and cut to wallet size. (No black & white photos)
• $25 Money Order Made Payable to the West Virginia State Board of Barbers & Cosmetologists—No cash or checks will be accepted. This fee is for your Student Registration Permit.
• Copy of Original Birth Certificate—If you do not have one, please contact the county or state where you were born as soon as possible to obtain one.
• Copy of Original High School Diploma or GED—If you have neither, you may provide us with a certified copy of your high school transcripts or GED test scores.
• Copy of Driver's License or State-Issued ID - no expired license will be accepted
• Copy of Your Social Security Card—If you are married, please make sure you name has been changed for financial aid purposes.
*An Entrance Exam is also required for admissions. This exam is free and given at 10am on scheduled dates prior to each class starting.
*If you are planning to apply for Financial Aid, you can apply online at www.fafsa.gov . Our school code is 007578. If you need assistance with completing the FAFSA, you may contact the financial aid office.